Water Conservation Tips
Save Water & Money with Our Simple Tips
The 24-hour plumbers at A Rescue Rooter have been a trusted resource in Southern Ontario for the past 4 decades. If you need plumbing repairs in Hamilton, sewer line excavations in St. Catharines or high-pressure flushing in Burlington, we can help. We enjoy solving your problems and we enjoy helping you save money, too! With that in mind, we've compiled the following water conservation and plumbing tips.
1. Replace your old shower head with a water-efficient model - you can save gallons of water every minute. Another option is to simply take shorter showers.
2. Never ignore leaks! Your leaky faucet can waste many gallons of water every day. Toilet leaks are even worse and may account for a large portion of your total water usage. A new toilet flapper and fill valve can keep your toilet functioning properly and save you money. If you are hearing sounds from your toilet when it isn't in use or you have to jiggle the handle to make it stop running, chances are you have a leak.
3. Keep your sprinkler system on a timer to prevent excessive watering in the summer.
4. Turn off the water when you're brushing your teeth.
5. During a time when you are not using any water, check the reading on your water meter and then check it again a couple hours later. If the reading is not the same, chances are you have a leak.
6. Only use your dishwasher or washing machine when you have full loads.
These simple tips will conserve water and save you money in the long run. If you have a leak that needs professional repair, call the licensed plumbers in Hamilton and surrounding areas at A Rescue Rooter.